Benchmade's Triage Utility Knife is a triple-combo utility tool that features a knife, safety cutter, and glass breaker in one great package.
The blade on the knife has no point on the tip and very little belly, used primarily in applications where slicing is the main requirement, and a point is not needed or would get in the way. The lack of point helps prevent the rescuer from inadvertently injuring a victim who is being cut free from something restrictive. The blade is comprised of durable N680 steel, which has excellent corrosion resistance.
The safety cutter is crafted out of a 440C, is easy to resharpen, and features the AXIS design. The ambidextrous design is a welcome feature, and the Carbide glass breaker will get the job done in no time.
Some other features & specs include:
- AXIS locking mechanism
- Modified sheepsfoot blade style
- Ambidextrous thumb-stud opener
- N680 corrosion-resistant blade steel (57-59HRC)
- 440C hook-shaped safety cutter (58-60HRC)
- Textured G10 handles (available in black or orange) with 420J full stainless-steel liners
- Reversible tip-up deep pocket clip
- Carbide glass breaker
- Blade length: 3.50 inches
- Blade thickness: 0.130 inches
- Handle thickness: 0.530 inches
- Blade material: N680 main blade, 440C safety cutter
- Blade hardness: 57-59HRC main blade, 58-60HRC safety cutter
- Blade Style: modified sheepsfoot main blade, hook-shaped safety cutter
- Weight: 5.10oz.
- Pocket clip: reversible, tip-up, deep carry
- Lock mechanism: AXIS
- Overall length: 8.20 inches
- Closed length: 4.70 inches
- Sheath material: sold separately
- Class: black
Benchmade’s Triage Utility Knife is an excellent, value-priced steel tool with excellent performance. Check it out in more detail over at GideonTactical.com.